Friday, January 28, 2011

Leaving in 3 days? What?

I am in absolute disbelief that I will be leaving in 3 days to go live in another country half way around the world. It's amazing that I have been planning for this adventure for 7 months & now that it is finally here, it doesn't even feel real! The past few weeks, I've just been on auto-pilot...buying the last items that I know I'll need, booking my hostel, buying travel insurance, and doing all the last-minute preparations. I imagine the fact that I'm actually going won't really hit me until I'm on the plane though =)

This experience is going to be absolutely amazing & I can't wait for it to begin! I have my first week planned out, and then I will simply take life as it comes, day by day. I'm so looking forward to meeting my Slovenian penpal Brigita & seeing where our adventures take us! Items on my to-do list include: cage diving with some sharks in Auckland, skydiving, scuba diving, learning to surf, hiking, and hang gliding. Hey, I may even get a tan while I'm over there haha. Well, time to start doing some packing...not exactly sure how one packs for a trip that will potentially last 3 months to a year. Wish me luck figuring that out!

Ciao,
A

2 comments:

  1. I hope the first leg of your adventure, your trip to NZ, was good. Can't wait to start reading your blog. Please be SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My trip over went quite well =) I'm sooo glad to be here! I'm being safe, don't worry. I'll keep you posted on my adventures!

    ReplyDelete