Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello New Zealand!

Well, I have arrived! After 3 flights and over 24 hours of travel time, I am finally at my hostel. I can't technically check in for a couple of more hours, so I figured I'd let everyone know that I arrived safely.The flights were great...almost didn't make my connection to LA in the Atlanta airport due to Delta's tardiness on my first flight. But, after getting a good cardio workout running to my gate after we touched down in Atlanta, I made it to the flight just a few minutes before takeoff! The last flight, the 13-hour flight, wasn't nearly as bad as I expected--7 hours of sleep, 2 movies, and a few TV shows, and I was in Auckland! The lady who sat next to me on the NZ flight was in her 60s & had her hair dyed dark with bright purple tips (awesome)--thought that was worth noting haha.

It was thrilling to look down during our descent and see the greenery of NZ. Can't wait to explore it!  Oh, and I purchased a New Zealand prepaid phone...expensive for outgoing calls but all incoming calls are completely free (even international calls). First thing on my list to do after I'm able to check in is SHOWER! Nothing like 24+ hours of traveling with no shower haha. Well, I think I will go get in contact with one of my backpacker penpals that already arrived here a few days ago & see what we can get into today.

Cheers,
A

3 comments:

  1. Let the adventure begin! Glad you flights weren't too horrid. purple tips? when in Rome....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right...who knows what color my hair will be when I come back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it!! You're only young once! ha! ha! Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete